1. Laboratories and tissue culture facilities at the Core Facility.
2. ELISA tests to qualify and quantify activities of protein, enzyme, cytokines and cytotoxicity. Particular in assay cytokines (IL-1, IL-2, IL-4, IL-6, IL-7, IL-10, IL-12, and TNF-alpha, INF-alpha, IFN-beta, INF-gamma, GM-CSF and others).
3. HPLC for analysis of complete nutrient profile and complete amino acid profile of phytonutrients, and for measurement of the purity and content of active ingredient.
4. Pathology examination includes paraffin sectioning, HE staining, examination under light microscope with digital camera and video apparatus. Figure 3 shows blood cells in a treated tumor blood vessel and in a piece of treated tumor tissue. Figure 4 demonstrates an ovum in the uterus in a female mouse.
5. Microscopic images of normal heart, liver, kidney, and pancreas in mice.
6. Flow cytometry for examination of multiple types of cellular immunologic parameters and cell receptors (T cell receptor, CD3, CD4, CD8 and others), cytokines, and enzymes. The data chart on the right shows profiles of neutrophils, monocytes, lymphocytes and percentages of CD4 and CD8 subpopulations.
7. Fluorescence microscopy for testing antigen-antibody complex, and in detecting receptors in breast cancer.
8. Confocal microscopy for high definition morphology and receptors of neuron cells, immune cells, cancer cells, and tumor associated antigens and antibodies.
9. Animal experimental laboratories. Figure 1 shows an intraveneous injection via a tail vein in mouse. Figure 2 shows X-rays in investigating bone healing after using phytonutrient product in rabbit which had a bony fracture. Figures 3 and 4 demonstrate dynamic monitor of functions of heart, lung, heart beats and blood pressure in rat.
10. Workshop pipeline at the core facility. Figure 1 shows the raw herbal material of goldthread. Figure 2 displays the extraction of herbal ingredients. Figure 3 demonstrates the concentration process of herbal extract solution. Figure 4 is the prepared herbal extract particles for manufacturing capsules or tablets.
11. Manufacture of capsules and tablets with phytonutrient ingredients in GMP workshop.